Rolling Counter Fire Doors (also called fire shutters) secure openings above counters and other similar finished openings on interior and exterior walls. When the compact components of Counter Fire Doors are desired, these units can fully close to the floor.
Applications for fire rated walls include:
- Service Window Openings
- Healthcare Facilities
- Educational Facilities
- Hospitality/Public Space
Fits openings up to 16’ wide when height is 7’6” or less, or openings up to 12’ wide when height is 10’ or less.
Counter Fire Door Mounting:
Approved wall types for mounting include rated drywall, masonry, or steel walls.
Material and Finishes:
Curtains are available in 22 gauge galvanized steel with exclusive GalvaNex™ finish in light gray, powder coating as an available option, or 22 gauge 300 series stainless steel with #4 finish. Galvanized steel endlocks are provided per UL procedure.
Features and Benefits
- UL Labeled – 3, 1 1/2, 1 and 3/4 hour labels.
- Wall Construction – UL approved for mounting to rated drywall, masonry or steel walls.
- Size Flexibility – each unit is built to exact opening size requirements.
- Compact Storage – curtain stores in an overhead coil that is totally supported by the side guides.
- Durability – commercial duty design, little to no routine maintenance.
- Drop Testing / Resetting – simplified systems available.
- Repairs – job records are retained and parts are readily available.